Mentoring the Mentor workshop is a two part series designed to enhance communication skils, leadership ability & impact to help guide others
About this Event
Takes place online Wednesday & Thursday 6:30pm-8:30pm
Session One: Introduction to Mentoring, Relationship Challenges
- Knowing when and when not to mentor; taking inventory.
- Deflating the ego – why we want to mentor.
- Leading with vulnerability.
- Responsibilities of a mentor/mentee.
- Principles of giving feedback & confidentiality.
- Qualifying and the first connection.
- Drawing boundaries; how to say no.
Session Two: Relationship Management, Communication Techniques & Goal Setting
- Goal setting and asking ‘why’.
- Repositioning questions.
- Body language and active listening.
- Accountability & detaching from outcomes.
- Wrapping up & session planning.
- Giving guidance vs. giving advice.
- Identifying barriers, when to end or redefine goals.
- Acknowledging growth & milestones.
- How to share through stories.